My Easy Roasted cabbage steak recipe is amazing! I could not believe how quick, easy and delicious these roasted cabbage steaks are. I am always looking for creative vegetable dishes to enjoy and even my husband loved this one!
- Green Cabbage
- Olive Oil
- Garlic Salt
- Himalayan Sea Salt
- Red Pepper Flakes (Optional)
WAYS TO ENJOY IT
- Hot right out of the oven with a little grated cheese of your choice
- With Cauliflower Rice, CLICK HERE for that recipe
- Topped with tofu. Diced and sauteed tofu tastes delicious on top of these.
- With other veggies. Roasted eggplant, and sauteed mushrooms all go great with roasted cabbage.
OTHER RECIPES FROM KAREN’s KITCHEN
Devilled Eggs Recipe Made Easy
How to Make Mock Mash PotatoesAdapted from eatsomethingvegan
Easy Roasted Cabbage SteaksThese Roasted Cabbage Steaks are super easy to make and amazingly tasty and only 5 ingredients. You can prep it in minutes and serve a flavorful vegetable dish that is healthy, as well as vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, and paleo.
- 1 Green Cabbage Head (Green cabbage is best for this dish, but you could also use red cabbage if you want.)
- 3 Tbs Olive Oil (You can also use other kinds of oil, including avocado)
- 1 Tbs Garlic Powder (This creates amazing flavor)
- 3 Tsp Paprika (I love the smoked paprika for extra flavor)
- 1/2tsp Himalayan Sea Salt (Use to your taste)
- 1 TSp Red Pepper Flakes (Optional – If you want a little heat)
- Cut ends of cabbage off and slice cabbage so you get 4 even round flat discs about 3/4 to 1 inch thick that are your “steaks”
- Place the cabbage steaks on a baking sheet that is lined with parchment paper, allowing some space between each one to even cooking.
- Brush the cabbage with the olive oil, coating them thoroughly. Then generously sprinkle the salt, garlic powder and paprika on the cabbage steaks.
- Flip the cabbage over and repeat, brushing them with oil and sprinkling the seasonings. Then add a pinch of red pepper flakes to each if you want extra heat.
- Bake the cabbage steaks at 400°F for about 25 minutes, until the leaves are browned and the center is tender. Serve hot out of the oven.
To store Roasted Cabbage Steaks, allow them to cool before placing them in a container with a tight lid and refrigerating them. They will stay fresh in there for about 3 days. When you are ready to reheat them, you can either microwave them for a few minutes or place them on a baking sheet to warm in a 350°F oven until they reach the desired temp.