Got Constipation? – Constipation is defined medically as fewer than three stools per week and severe constipation as less than one stool per week. Some of the symptoms of constipation include lower abdominal discomfort, infrequent bowel movements, straining to have a bowel movement, hard or small stools, rectal bleeding and/or anal fissures caused by hard stools, and physiological distress and/or obsession with having bowel movements. There are many causes of constipation including medications, poor bowel habits, low fiber diet, abuse of laxatives, hormonal disorders, and diseases primarily of other parts of the body that also affect the colon.
Here are my top Ten natural remedies for solving constipation.
- Get 25 to 35 grams of fiber a day. That amount should keep your gastrointestinal system moving.
- Drink lots of water. “If there isn’t enough water in the bowels it can most definitely stop you up. Make sure to consume at least 64 ounces of water on a daily basis to help prevent constipation.
- Stress Management
- Exercise daily
- Learn about foods that can cause constipation such as red meat, bananas and dairy.
- Consider Probiotic and Digestive enzymes,
- Add Sea Salt to foods – increase chloride levels. Trace minerals also help
- Magnesium is difficult to get from diet alone . Magnesium is involved in 300 different enzymatic processes. Magnesium Glycinate supplementation can help
- Bathe in Epson salt plus baking soda for 20 mins –detoxifies body
- Vitamin C flush (2500mg powder) start increasing until movement