I went to see Money Ball today with my husband. I did not realize it was based on a true baseball story. That made the metaphors in the movie even more powerful for me. Here are some of the powerful messages that came to me through the movie.
1. If what you are doing is not working, do something different
2. Being a change agent and a leader and taking risks is hard. Be ready to be unpopular!
3. Being offered lots of money is not always the best reason to change your life.
4. Being a dad can be one of the greatest achievements in your life
5. Most people are afraid of change and are very quick to criticize
6. Recognize skills and talents that people have that you do not have and partner with them
7. Stand true to what you believe in, even if it is unpopular.
This is way more than a movie about baseball. Way more! I highly recommend it! A great movie about leadership!