Are you about ready to get your eating back in control? Today I decided it is time to focus on health first! So here are a few tips I am going to use in the next week to maintain a healthy low glycemic lifestyle
- Munch on Popcorn Instead of Chips Pour a bowl of air-popped popcorn instead of chips and cut hundreds of calories. Popcorn is a whole grain, so it provides valuable vitamins,
- Make Spaghetti Squash your Spaghetti of choice and load up the vegetables there are about 220 calories in 1 cup of Spaghetti
- Reach for an apple for your sweet
- THINK WATER as your beverage of choice If you drink water instead of a 32-ounce soft drink, you will save a whopping 400 calories. If you haven’t yet gained the taste preference for water, try adding a splash of fruit juice or cucumber slices.
- Swap mayo for mustard – mayo on your sandwich and swap it out for mustard. It’s naturally low in calories, yet rich in flavor. A tablespoon of mayo has 57 calories compared with the 9 in a tablespoon of mustard.
- BEWARE OF DRIED FRUIT you can eat a whole cup of grapes for 113 fewer calories than you’d take in from 1/2 cup of raisins.
- Drink sparkling water with PASSION iced team in a wine glass and skip the wine! I find wine very dehydrating and I don’t need the extra calories!