Coconut oil, like other plant-based oils, does not contain cholesterol. The vast majority (more than 85%) of the fats in coconut oil are medium-chain triglycerides. These medium chain fatty acids (MCFA’s) found in coconuts has tremendous health benefits; they are easy to for the body to burn as fuel for energy and have anti-microbial properties, in addition to other important traits. Helps our bodies fight off yeast, fungus and candida. Positively affect our hormones for thyroid and blood-sugar control.
Here are Ten Ways Coconut Oil Can Help Your health
- Can help improve insulin use within the body.
- Coconut oil can boost thyroid function helping to increase metabolism, energy and endurance.
- It increases digestion and helps to absorb fat-soluble vitamins.
- Increases the good HDL cholesterol in the blood to help improve cholesterol ratio levels.
- Has a positive antioxidant action in the body.
- Wonderful moisturizer for skin and hair.
- Works in both baked goods like zucchini and banana bread and with vegetable
- Coconut oil can withstand the heat – making it a better cooking option.
- Promotes satiety, as its presence in the stomach delays gastric emptying, causing us to feel full for a longer period of time.
- Coconut oil can be used as cream to naturally heal dry and flaking skin for those with eczema and Psoriasis.
To reap the many benefits of coconut oil, it is best to choose organic unrefined coconut oil. Unlike olive oil, coconut oil is thermally stable, and the antioxidants are not lost through the heating process.