My Devilled eggs recipe made easy is SUPER easy! 15 minutes to make. They are perfect as appetizers for any party, or as a side dish for potlucks and picnics and as a high protein, low carbohydrate snack. I made them for the first time today and I am amazed how easy they are (and delicious). When done right, they’re smooth and creamy and the filling has the perfect balance of tangy and salty flavors. And, with a few tweaks, you can make deviled eggs healthier too. Here are eight simple secrets for making the best deviled eggs every time.
Mustard and Mayo ChoicesMustard and mayo give deviled eggs creaminess and tang.
- For classic deviled eggs, yellow mustard is the way to go.
- I used Dijon
- You can also blend brown mustard and yellow mustard.
Want to Get Creative?You don’t have to go super-traditional and put only mustard, mayo and paprika in your filling. Once you’re comfortable making classic deviled eggs, it’s time to start playing with the recipe-add
- a few dashes of hot sauce like Tabasco
- some fresh herbs like cilantro or chives
- chopped vegetables,
- some cheese
- a few chiles, scallions or capers
- sun-dried tomatoes
How to Make Devilled Eggs Recipe Healthier
- Swap out half the full-fat mayo for nonfat Greek yogurt.
- Trading regular mayo for low-fat is an easy way to shave off calories. (Check the label-low-fat mayos typically have added sugar.)
A Quick Health NoteNOTE – Keep deviled eggs refrigerated until you are ready to serve them, and don’t leave them out longer than two hours. Your guests will probably eat them much faster than that anyway! CHECK OUT MY OTHER FAVORITE RECIPES MADE EASY
Tasty Paleo Chicken Cacciatore RecipeOr visit me HERE in my kitchen
Devilled Eggs Recipe Made EasyI have never made Devilled Eggs but now I have the “secret” to making them lickety split easy! The secret is to but the eggs alreadys cooked and shelled. I buy Organic Hard Boiled Eggs form Costco. That way thetime to make these is only 15 minutes max! Amazing! The yolks scoop out of the egss so easily this way!!
- 1 Dozen Hard Boiled Large Eggs Peeled (Cut in half)
- 6 tbsp Mayonnaise (or Vegenaise)
- 2 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1/2 tsp Freshly Ground pepper
- 1 tsp Paprika
- I buy organic hard boiled eggs already shelled. Makes it easy! Cut them in half and scoop out yolks into a bowl and mask with fork
- Add Mayonnaise until smooth
- Add Dijon Mustard and mix until smooth
- Salt and Pepper to taste and mix well
- Spoon mixture back into egg whites
- Sprinkle paprika over top
- Keep deviled eggs refrigerated until you are ready to serve them, and don’t leave them out longer than two hours. Your guests will probably eat them much faster than that anyway!