If you are like me, quick tips are what you want when it comes to cooking. Here are some tips I have learned through trial and error!
- Seasoning the protein with sea salt, ground black pepper and garlic or other seasonings that you enjoy.
- Heat 1 to 2 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil, coconut oil or grass-fed butter or ghee in a sauté or frying pan over medium heat.
- When the pan and oil are hot (but not smoking), place the chicken, fish or meat in the pan and cook until you get a golden crust on one side.
- Turn the pieces over and cook on the other side. Don’t overcook meats or fish. It makes them hard and dry.
- Get a meat thermometer to measure temperatures. Just stick the thermometer into the thickest part of the meat. If the pieces are thick or feature bones and don’t fully cook on the stovetop, they can be quickly finished in just a few minutes in a hot (400°F to 425°F) oven.