My Easy Cauliflower Fried Rice recipe is a must have.
I buy all the ingredients from Trader Joe’s and it makes it super simple to whip up an easy and healthy dinner in 30 minutes. I used to buy the cauliflower and rinse and chop it into florets and put into a food processor ….. but why do that? You can buy it already riced!
It is a low carbohydrate option with all the flavor of Chinese fried rice but none of the guilt. I serve it as a side dish or I add cooked chicken or shrimp for a fast and easy main dish. Everyone loves it and I sneak in some extra healthy ingredients.
Easy Cauliflower Fried Rice Ingredients
EdamameEdamame is a fancy name for boiled green soybeans. A half-cup serving of shelled edamame gives you 9 grams of fiber and 11 grams of protein. You can buy it frozen or fresh and it also makes a delicious healthy snack.
Carrots, Garlic and OnionsThese whole foods sneak in the vegetables when no one realizes! Great for kids!
Coconut OilCoconut oil is the most nutrient-dense part of the coconut. It is solid at room temperature like butter and doesn’t break down in heat or light. I love cooking with it because it is a stable oil that doesn’t break down easily at high temperatures like other oils do. It doesn’t go rancid easily and has amazing nutritional properties.
Coconut Aminos (or Tamari)I use Coconut Aminos (or Tamari) as lower salt substitutes for soy sauce in recipes. For people with allergies or food sensitivities, it’s a soy- and gluten-free way to add taste to dishes.
Diced chicken or shrimp or firm tofu (if desired)Adding extra protein is always a great way to make a full meal out of this versatile dish.
Quick and Easy Steps to Making Easy Cauliflower Fried Rice
- In a large pan, saute garlic and onions in olive oil on a medium/high heat, until onions become soft and transparent. (about 2-3 minutes)
- Next add in carrots and cook until carrots begin to soften, about 3-4 minutes
- Next stir in scrambled eggs (if desired) , cauliflower rice and tamari (or coconut aminos). Cook stirring frequently for about 5-7 more minutes.
- Enjoy adding in your favorite protein and vegetable. Be creative! Possible add-ins are chicken, broccoli, cabbage, bok choy, water chestnuts, tofu, and shrimp!
Cauliflower Fried RiceAn easy side or main dish with lots of flavor and no guilt
- 1 Bag Riced Cauliflower
- 1 Cup Shelled Edamame
- 1 tbsp Toasted Sesame Oil
- 2 tbsp Coconut Aminos (or Tamari)
- 1 Container ·Diced Carrots, Onions and Celery mix (called Mirepoix at Trader Joes)
- 1 tbsp Coconut Oil or Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the diced carrots, onions and celery mix, and stir to coat.
- Continue cooking, stirring frequently, until the onions are golden brown at the edges and have softened, about 8 minutes.
- Add the riced cauliflower and toasted sesame oil, and stir to combine. Add half teaspoon Himalayan salt, and continue to cook, stirring frequently, until the cauliflower has softened, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add edamame and coconut aminos to taste and stir.
- Remove from the heat.