Brussels Sprout Salad
Gives you a nutrient-dense dish with lots of Vitamin C and a delicious toasted hazelnut and pear dressing! Delicious for the whole family!
- 1 cup (150 g) toasted hazelnuts, skins removed
- 2 pounds (908 g) brussel sprouts, trimmed cleaned
- 1 medium (200 g) honeycrisp apple, quartered, seeded
- ½ large winter squash cooked and cubed
- 1 (100 g) wedge parmesan cheese, rind removed, optional
- ¾ cup fresh strawberries in slices
- 1½ cups Toasted Hazelnut and Pear Dressing (below)
Toasted Hazelnut And Pear Dressing Recipe
I love this recipe that I whip up easily with my Vitamix!
It is simple and easy and goes well with Brussels Sprout Salad.
- ¼ cup (60 ml) sherry vinegar
- 1 cup (240 ml) cold water
- 1 (200 g) ripe pear, quartered, seeded
- ½ (15 g) medium shallot, peeled
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 6 (40 g) dates, pitted
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ½ lemon peeled
- 1 teaspoon Pumpkin Spice
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt, optional
- ½ cup (75 g) toasted hazelnuts
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to its highest speed. Blend for 1 minute. Refrigerate until chilled before serving.
How to Prepare Your Brussel Sprouts Salad with No Gadgets needed!
- Cook winter squash, cool and cut into cubes.
- Chop hazelnuts.
- Slice the brussels sprouts.
- Slice the apple and strawberries.
- Grate Parmesan cheese.
- Place all ingredients into a bowl and add Pear and Hazelnut Dressing.
- Toss to combine. Cover and refrigerate for 45 to 60 minutes before serving.
NOTE – This salad can easily be cut in half if you’re serving a small group of people. Letting the salad sit under refrigeration for longer allows the dressing to soften the Brussels sprouts, but leaving it too long will make the salad soggy.